Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First Post - Hello!

How to begin...how about why I'm here, putting the frequently tangential and/or non sequitur contents of my brain into cyberspace? The quick answer is, to discuss my recent Roux-en-Y surgery (a.k.a. gastric bypass). As it says in the "About Me" sidebar, I have 3 goals for this blog.

1. Provide a central place for friends and family (especially those I don't see often) to visit and find out how things are going during this period of extreme life change.
2. For those who are on the same journey, open a window into the life of a (thus far) complication free post-op RNY patient, and all that goes into it - the good, the bad, and the (hopefully not too frequently) ugly.
3. Provide for myself an honest record of my thoughts, feelings, and decision making along the way. This will, I'm sure, be especially helpful on those "why oh why did I do this" days, when a little reflection and self-indulgence are just what the doctor ordered. And, it would be nice to reacquaint myself with the remedial level HTML I used to sort of know.

Also contained in the "About Me" section, but definitely worth mentioning twice, is that these meandering jaunts into my daily ramblings are, unless otherwise noted, purely the product of my own thoughts. It is merely a collection of opinions and not to be taken as fact (even though my mother would say I always think I'm right), and the best decision is always to contact your own doctor with medical questions.

Now that all the formalities are out of the way, I hope to see you back here, perhaps even as a subscriber. I'll try to post at least once or twice a week - much more than that and I fear my head may swell so large that it wouldn't fit through the door. Not easy to stay upright with that affliction, I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment